COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 06: The Ohio State Buckeyes marching band perform before the game against the Ohio Bobcats at Ohio Stadium on September 6, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)One Ohio State fan made sure to get in some appropriate exercise ahead of this Saturday’s big game between the Buckeyes and the Michigan Wolverines.Saturday’s contest between Ohio State and Michigan will take place in Columbus, but one Buckeyes supporter came up with an interesting way to jinx his opponent in enemy territory this week. An Ohio State fan who goes by Bryon Wasacz ran a 5K in the shape of ‘Script Ohio’ around Michigan Stadium.He mapped the run and posted it on Twitter. It’s the perfect way for anyone in Ann Arbor to get ready for Saturday:Ran a 5k Script Ohio around ❌ichigan Stadiu❌ – Go Bucks! Inspired by @TBDBITL #BeatTTUN pic.twitter.com/j2ebAYEN2j— Bryon Wasacz (@BryonWasacz) November 25, 2016Will Wasacz start a trend? Either way, The Game is almost here.
Ontario’s Education Minister says September’s sex-ed curriculum will prepare them for the realities of modern life.“We are going to be preparing our students and supporting them for the realities of 2018 and we’re going to be embracing what was taught in 2014,” said Lisa Thompson.“But we are going to be taking a look at specifically a campaign promise that we made to review and consult on the sex ed component of the overall curriculum.”In a media scrum at Queen’s Park, Thompson told reporters that the portion of the curriculum being replaced deals with “developing sexual relations.”When asked for specifics, she said a backgrounder with information would be provided later.The province’s new Progressive Conservative government announced last week that teachers would use the 1998 version of the sex-ed curriculum this fall.This as consultations were to be carried out for a new document.Many parents, teachers and groups were critical of the move, arguing that the old curriculum did not include many realities of today, including same-sex marriage, consent and online bullying.
THERE WERE 7,753 missing person reports filed last year. The total number of people who are still missing is 28.Of the total number missing person reports filed last year, 5,980 were high risk, 694 were medium risk and 1,079 were low risk.The latest figures contained in the annual report from An Garda Síochána shows that the Dublin Metropolitan Region accounts for the highest number of missing persons yet to be found.Whereabouts unknownOut of 2,337 high risk missing person reports, 6 remain untraced, while out of 244 medium risk reports, three people remain untraced. A total of 402 reports were low risk, with nine of these cases yet to be traced.Following Dublin, the Southern Region – including Cork City, Cork North, Cork West, Kerry and Limerick – accounts for 1,750 missing person reports last year. A total of three people remain missing.The Eastern Region filed 1,105 missing person reports last year, with no cases going untraced.The Northern Region filed 669 missing person cases, with just one case going untraced, while the South Eastern Region filed 741 missing person files, with four going untraced.Finally, the Western region filed 505 missing person cases, two of which are untraced.MissingThe gardaí said a missing person report can result from a wide variety of situations – being lost, a child running away from home, a domestic situation which drives a person away, in some cases suicide and sometimes homicide.“A person who remains missing leaves behind loved ones and family where many questions are asked and unfortunately sometimes remain unanswered,” said the gardaí.Thankfully, most people are located in a relatively short period of time, but unfortunately some remain missing. An Garda Síochána will not close a missing person investigation until the person is found.The gardaí said the the Missing Persons Bureau continue to invest in and develop policies, practices and procedures to ensure that the “standard is in keeping with bestinternational practice which will result in reaching an even more successful conclusion in missing person investigations”.Also in the annual report:Gardaí seized €32 million worth of drugs in 12 months >Air pistols and shotguns were the most seized firearms last year >Martin who? Callinan isn’t mentioned in opening of annual garda report >More than 1,100 public complaints filed against gardaí last year>